AmigaActive (1155/2143)

From:Neil Bothwick
Date:15 May 2000 at 14:08:51
Subject:Re: Hard drive troubles -- thanks

Alan Buxey said,

>> I was able to partition the drive into several 2GB partitions, and that
>> worked; however, it still wouldn't touch partitions larger than that,
>> amazingly, but that's OK.
>>
>> ONe more question: my Amiga still thinks it's an 8GB drive. How can I get it
>> to recognize at least some of the other 5.6GB? I'm not willing to believe I
>> have THAT many bad blocks!

> you have os3.5, yes? You've installed the latest ffs from os3.5 into the RDB
> of the harddrive? You've used HDToolbox and updated the drive?

Make sure you don't have SKIPROMUPDATE scsi-device in your SetPatch
call, otherwise the OS 3.5 changes won't be made.

Neil

Neil Bothwick - New Media Editor, Amiga Active Magazine
Connected via Wirenet - http://www.wire.net.uk
The UK's first Amiga-only internet access provider

Top Oxymorons Number 38: Government organization

Phone bills too big? Don't worry, beMANY!